Debbie Mitchell wrote:
Is there any way to list the TTOC of an HSM ML2 volume that HSM no longer
knows about (but is not scratch)?
While recycling tapes, this particular tape received a IEC148I S713-04 error
and the recycle ended with no datasets moved.  HSM then removed the tape
from its inventory.  I know why we received the S713 error but I need to
check the status of any/all migrated datasets that were on that tape.

I've searched ServiceLink, the archives here, the CBT tape, and the manuals
and haven't found what I need.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Debbie Mitchell
Utica National Insurance Group

If you have backups of the HSM CDS datasets and an MVS test system, you can restore on your test MVS system versions of the CDS datasets which still had that tape as an ML2 volume, bring up HSM on your test MVS system, and do the list TTOC there. There might be some migrated datasets that have scratched since the CDS backups, but you would at least be able to get an idea what datasets used to be on the tape.

Are you generating duplexed ML2 and backup tapes?  If not, you should be.

--
Joel C. Ewing, Fort Smith, AR        [EMAIL PROTECTED]