On Jun 22, 2007, at 6:48 AM, Chase, John wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of Thomas Berg

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: IBM Mainframe Discussion List För Ed Gould

The consultants howled as
they could no longer assemble programs (no access to sys1.maclib)

???

If you hire consultants to (among other things) assemble programs, then configure security to prevent them from doing so, why are you not in breach of contract?

I thought I made it clear, perhaps not. The only language company wide that was to be used was COBOL. None of the applications types knew any assembler. If they were called in in the middle of the night and they found out the program was assembler. They bumped the problem to the one lone programmer that vaguely understood assembler. Most of the time he would say its a systems issue and then we were called. Only to point the finger back at the applications people and the fun began.

Ed

    -jc-