Kenneth,
I don't think trying to post the code here would be all that productive. I tried it, and just too much of it. Written in assembler, with both a local routine work area that some of the code references, and a global work area that gets refernced as well. Would probably just genrate more questions and confusion. When I posted the original question, I was hoping that someone would say something like 'you've got to do X to do this right', whatever X was in the code that had to be done. In other words, I was hoping this was something that was well known, and run into before. ISPF is not my strong suit, but I'm learning. Steve's last suggestion to set ZTDTOP doesn't seem correct, to me, as the manual states it is an output variable, similar to ZTDSELS for number of rows selected. I'm going to play with it, adding logic to be able to examine the ZTD system variables, and am confident I can get the code to work. Thanks to you and Steve for taking the time to look at the post, and try to help.

   --Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenneth E Tomiak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 2:29 AM
Subject: Re: Relationship of TBDISPL to row displayed

Dave,

If you want help debugging your code you need to show it, not jot down some
notes what you think you are doing. Steve, myself, and many others have
done this with no problem. It can work. So like you indicated in your original
post, you obviously are doing something wrong. Read you OP and see if you
can figure it out from what you provided us to work with. Then post your
solution.

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:09:29 -0500, David Day