well I just had some fun and games,

we have a large ISPF panel library which is a merge of ISPF and other product
panel ibraries.

the dataset is LLA/VLF managed.

and during a change, it got emptied.

very. very soon after a refresh no one could use ISPF!

(problem restricted to a development system with approx 500 TSO users
active)

took me a little while, with the help of a RACF security administrator, to
"fix"
the problem.

maybe this is the sort of "test" of friend is asking for.

the young guys here were "impressed":-

1.  How to break out of the auto-allocate exec process.
     (very needed as there is an automatic LOGOFF stacked after ISPF)

2.  How to allocate alternative panel library concatenation. To access ISPF.

3.  How to get access to re-load the empty dataset.

4.  How to get acess to refresh LLA.

5.  Validating that the re-load and refresh all worked correctly.

(normally, the access to load the dataset and refresh LLA is tied to running a
package through the change management system.)

much fun!   :-D

Regards
Bruce Hewson