From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jousma, David
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 5:45 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: z/os 1.8 upgrade mostly good

All,

Just wanted to give the list some feedback on our latest round of 1.8
upgrades.  We upgraded 3 production lpars over the weekend, and so far
all is looking pretty good(a little early to tell), with one exception
so far.  We have an open ETR with IBM.  What we are seeing is some batch
jobs failing with S80A-10, S878 type abends.  Run them on a 1.6 system,
and the are ok.  Compared virtual storage map between versions, and
available private below the line is the same.  There are a couple of
common denominators in that they all are DB2 type utilities(BMC COPY
PLUS, IBM DB2 utils, Princeton), and they all use many tapes.  We've
sent a dump off to IBM for analysis.

Anyone see this?  As we find out more, I'll keep the list up-to-date.

Dave
Dave Jousma
Principal Systems Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
616.653.8429

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.