I was serious Steve.  I wasn't saying that in the real jcl the number of
spaces is important, but when searching archives it could be.  If Eric
Spencer was right and it was covered previously then I somehow missed it
and I was trying to figure out how.  That was the first thing that came to
mind.

Alan

Steve Comstock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
06/27/2007 09:57 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Dynamically Disabling ISV Products

Alan Schwartz wrote:
> I had searched the archives going back to 2004 and didn't find anything.

> It occurs to me that I used DD DUMMY.  Perhaps I should also have tried
DD
>  DUMMY (two spaces instead of one).
>
> Alan

You're kidding, right?

Are you sure your group couldn't use some training? How about
"z/OS JCL and Utilities" - 3 days; where it becomes clear
soon that JCL is [somewhat] free form; or, if managment won't
pay for courses about topics you are already supposed to know,
consider "Advanced Topics in z/OS JCL" - 3 days which includes
the content from the first course as a very high speed review
and adds a lot more.

Check out:
http://www.trainersfriend.com/JCL_courses/B610descrpt.htm
http://www.trainersfriend.com/JCL_courses/B620descrpt.htm

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying,
forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof.

Thank you.