>AFAIK,  QMF hasn't required GDDM in a long time.
>>>
>QMF is a DB/2 application that gives the user a hybrid interface to their
>data. Under TSO/ISPF it mostly just uses ISPF services to return the data to
the
> user. IIRC GDDM was only used for ICU(Interactive Chart Utility) but checked
> whether it was available and required a ddname for the SYMBOLs library.
>
>Like seb mentioned, available with other  interfaces.

I consider myself lucky not to have had to support QMF in many years, when I
did, I thought it also ran under CICS. IIRC, that would be the reason it was
not an ISPF application. Once developers get the notion to run in multiple
environments, they want to ignore environment specific technologies in order
to use the same code base. QMF did not sell enough graphics capable
terminals so complaints must have poured in to remove the GDDM overhead.