From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 7:24 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] WLM problem

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:41:28 -0400, Lizette Koehler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>At one of the Share presentations I seem to remember that the IRLM
address
>space should be placed higher in WLM than the DB2 address spacess.  If
>recall correctly, it is so you do not wait on lock processing.

All your IRLMs should be SYSSTC.  Even for test DB2 / IMS subsystems.

Otherwise an appropriate "online" velocity goal should be used for
production
and development/test.  Note that the number of engines really matters
here.
Search the archives for references to John Arwe's white paper (dated
now,
but still valid) to see what I mean.

On our SAP LPARs (DB2 back end only on z/OS), I run all the DB2 tasks
 in SYSSTC since the work is variable and the "real priority" is
controlled
under the SAP subsystem type for the ICLI (prior to DB2 V8) and via DDF
enclave service classes (DB2 V8+).

Again... search the archives, this topic has been covered many times.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO