It's just a weirdity of Acrobat - took me awhile to figure it out as well. Gotta hit that menu button before "selecting" text.

Ed Gould wrote:
On Jun 28, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Edward Jaffe wrote:

Assuming you're using the Adbobe Reader, you simply clock "Select" in the toolbar across the top. Then, simply select/copy the text in which you're interested.

Ed,

Seems like I was incorrect or something has changed with PDF's in OS X. It used to be I couldn't do that. If I use the OS X PDF reader it allows me to paste. I learned something new. Thanks for suggesting it.

Ed