From: John Dawes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 7/3/2007 9:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: DFHSM QUESTION - TTOC & RECYCLE

G'day to all,

  I have a potential problem with one of our migrate (DFHSM) tapes.  I would
like to perform a recycle of the tape so as to move the dsns off it.  I did a
"HSEND LIST TTOC" of the volser of the suspect tape.  It gave me a list of dsns
on it.  My question is how could I find out if this tape is part of another
tape?  By this I mean how can I ensure that it is only 1 tape and is not
sequence 2 or 3 or 4.  I know that in order to perform a recycle it is prudent
to know all the volsers that are connected to the tape and the recycle of the
tape must be done for all the tapes associated with it.  I checked the doc but
I could not find the command that would help me.  Can somebody be so kind as to
point me to the right direction?

  Thanks in advance.

Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all
webmail accounts. Find out more.