On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:49:50 -0700, Norman Hollander on h-WiZ.biz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Be sure your durations are properly set so only those SPUFI/FOCUS/SAS folks
>running
>in the foreground (I think these are best served as Batch) are impacted by
>transitioning
>to 3rd (or last) period with the DISC goal.

My duration for 2nd period is extremely long.  So long that 3rd period doesn't
count as an active period except on my penalty box LPAR.

But I wouldn't say that is good for everyone.  Depending on the environment
someone may a want shorter 2nd period and have some other TSO work
fall into 3rd period and may not even want it to be discretionary.  We can
make general recommendations, but there  is no "one size fits all" when it
comes to WLM and everything is relative to everything else, so it really
doesn't make sense to talk about one environment's specific importance
and velocity goals if you don't have a complete picture.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO