From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Greg Grimm
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 12:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Software only VTS?

We are going to replace our tape hardware (Tape Library (ATL), VTS). In
investigating how our "other operating systems" use tapes I found that they
use IBM TSM to talk directly to the ATL - and get high tape utilization
(i.e.
stacking multiple files on tape). kind of like a software VTS. Is there a
product
that supports this function on z/OS?