Hello Eric,
        Just on principle, you need never apologise for lack of
experience, it's all relative.
Gotta think positive to sell yourself, all negative thinking must be
eliminated.

For example-
You are far ahead of the pack in so many of the areas that count;
you offer your next employer high intelligence which is not a commodity,
wisdom (rarer still), a can-do attitude and proven ability to work with
all types of people ie you are not just a nerd.
You have the highest possible language skills, you're a switched on
self-starter, and you are the sort an employer can trust to make things
work and not corrupt or 'misplace' production data.
You are gaining various skills as you go along.
You have chosen breadth rather than a too-narrow range of skills.
Because you are a professional, you will happily use whatever tools they
provide and not be religious about operating systems or programming
languages. You can manage staff - "people are more interesting to
program than computers". You can assist in hiring interviews etc etc.
Healthy companies hire...

Much as we all enjoy reading Dilbert, we must all be careful lest the
cartoons about "pointy-haired bosses" implant in us openly cynical
attitudes towards our new employers and corporations. Such attitudes
can't be hidden. We all do best to leave them at home.
Newspapers are depressing. Read the funnies and trash the headlines.

Remind yourself just before your interviews that you are there to help
them achieve their goals and policies. Wise employers will realise you
have the attitude they want.

Good luck in finding such an employer, don't despair,

Jim
Canberra