I have to agree with Ken's post, Eric - remember that in a lot of ways,
what the server farms are learning to do, you've already done for years;
the RAS attitude is definitely transferable, especially in the DR /
Business Continuity  area, also in the area of operational automation:
with the large number of servers, automating how things go daily is a
challenge I'm sure... I am, as are many of us, spoiled by the 'set it and
forget it' way of the mainframe where you can set up a process and it's
still working 3 decades later (recently had to review one of these!).

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation
(850) 414-4209