From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Chicklon, Tom
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 7:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Copy DSS Dump File to DASD

Thanks Scott. Going forward, when DSS creates the new dump data sets on
DASD, there's no problem. I was only trying to copy previous back ups to
DISK, which apparently can't be done.

Tom

> I think I'm out of luck, but wanted to verify first. We're z/OS 1.7.
>
> We've had a number of small DSS DUMP files written to tape that I want

> to move to DISK. Unfortunately, it seems that the dump files on tape
> get created with a block size of about 64K, and from the DSS manual:
>
> The COPYDUMP command cannot change the block size of the DFSMSdss dump
data
> set. If you are copying a dump data set to a DASD device, the source
block
> size must be small enough to fit on the target device.
>
> Is there no way to copy these DSS dump files to disk other than
> restoring the files (renaming them of course) and backing them up
again?

> Tom Chicklon

Possibly you may want to investigate the DD parameter BLKSZLIM, however
it would need to be honored by the invoked program/utility, I believe.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html