---------------------<snip>-----------------------
And National CSS made LOTS of money off of a VM cousin called VP/CSS, and many of there customers did HEAVY duty data processing.
As a former NCSS employee, I can tell you that VP/CSS was a heavily modified CP67/CMS system, with additional device support, migration of pages from faster to slower devices based on utilization and some very excellent people keeping it all together and running smoothly. Only place I ever saw Duplex 360/67's in use.

I'd give my eyeteeth for their old "IMAGE" program and their LOGCAP program. "IMAGE" created a page-image dataset of the operating system, making IPL one of the fastest I've ever seen: less than 30 seconds between "Load Key" and full operation. LOGCAP was a logic-design program, with gates, flip-flops, etc.