---------------------<snip>-------------------

What exactly would you like to see in the book? I never mind changing to
clarify, if there is something specific.

OUTVALID identifies things that both were requested and that were
returned/retrieved.

RC 0:  CSVQUERY retrieved all the requested information.
RC 4: CSVQUERY located the specified module but was unable to retrieve all
of the requested information.

"retrieved" equates to valid.

Or view RC=4 as "found the module but at least one requested output field
is not valid".

Perhaps that clarification could be made.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design
Peter, I too read the description in the cited manual. I think your second suggestion would be ideal. Especially to those for whom English is a second language.