Dave Kopischke wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:27:46 -0400, Richards.Bob wrote:

And all that time I thought it was a cubicle wall! <grin>

Back in the Green-bar days, I almost completed two walls inside my cubicle. The door was going to be a problem. And it's surprising how sound proof a ten inch thick stack of paper is !!!!

When I first started my current job the technical staff had either full real cubical or book shelfs and "mobile" cubical walls. The end users had a desk, a terminal table and a chair, in a open space. NO WALL's The built walls with listings to have privacy. This was in the late 80's and almost everybody smoked and of course back then you could smoke at your desk.

The county implemented new laws that required the fire marshal to inspect every office building twice a year. Our building had not been inspected since was first open (the early 70's). He was NOT amused by 6-7 foot high walls of paper to create private work spaces. Nor was he amused as the "coffee tables" with ash trays on them. The more he saw the redder his face got. He kept muttering something about about paper being flammable.