Radoslaw, how about a batch SMP/E job with:

SET BDY(GLOBAL).
    LIST GLOBALZONE    /* WILL LIST ALL FMIDS IN GLOBAL ZONE */
         FMIDSET
         OPTIONS
         PRODUCT
         SYSMOD FUNCTIONS
         UTILITY
         DDDEF.
    LIST FEATURE.
SET BDY(MVST100).
    LIST TARGETZONE
         DDDEF.
SET BDY(MVSD100).
    LIST DLIBZONE
         DDDEF.

I want to check given dsname in SMP/E - is it defined as DDDEF or not ?
For example I have SYS1.WEIRD.NAME and I want to check what DDDEF *if
any* describes the dataset.
As far as I found two metods, both rather unwise:
a) use SMP/E panels to review all the DDDEFs one by one. Time consuming.
b) browse VSAM CSI files, search for string.

Any clue ?
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland