According to IBMLink, the PTF for PK07855 is UK24090, but the PTF is still
open.  Usually, I've found that when IBMLink search uncovers a PTF number,
IBM actually has the code ready and can send you the PTF directly (via email
for example).

I'd suggest that you open a PMR with IBM and ask them for an early copy of
this PTF so that you can proceed with your z/OS 1.8 migration.  At this
point in the life of z/OS 1.8, I would imagine that you would not be the
first to ask for this - rather, the 20th person, perhaps.  And, given the
simplicity of this problem, I also imagine the risk of applying an early PTF
to resolve this problem to be fairly low.

I don't have Netview DM, so I haven't tried this myself.

Brian