On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:49:27 -0400, Rob Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>What I mean by "frozen" is that there will be no future enhancements to MXI
4.3 and over time I expect some commands to either stop functioning or start
abending.

Too bad.  I though you had planned to at least fix things that broke even
though you would not add any new functionality.   And since it was never
source code CBT based, I guess the mainframe community is SOL because I'm
sure you (nor Rocket) don't have any intention of ever releasing the source
code to the freeware version (although PDS continues to have a freeware
version and there is also a successful commercial version as well).

I understand you need to make a living, but it is an unfortunate loss to the
rest of us.  I will probably get rid of it or un-APF authorize it and only use
unauthorized functions moving forward if I keep it.

Nothing against you Rob (really), but perhaps the keepers of the CBT
collection (now Sam Golob and Sam Knutson) should not allow load code
only contributions for just this reason.   It sort of takes away from the
spirit of freeware and what the CBT is all about (IMO).

Long live ShowMVS!  :-)

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group:  G-ITO