Kenneth Tomiak wrote on 2007-07-19 19:26:00:

> <snip>
> I have not found a variable accessible to REXX or CLIST code to tell you
> current page or line location. You mention 'producing a report'. Who is
> producing the report? If your code, you count it in your variable. In the

> IPCSIVP I have that demonstrates using REXX for IPCS, under ISPF, there
is
> no page. Just a long stream of output.

Any CLIST, REXX exec, or compiled/assembled program to which IPCS gives
control in response to a subcommand is potentially a report generator.
IPCS recognizes one message routing destination, its print file that is
usually associated with ddname IPCSPRNT, that supports true pagination.
The other, the TSO terminal or ddname SYSTSPRT is a message stream without
formal pagination.  To gain consistency between the two, a program that can
see the BLSABDPL fields that I mentioned will see pseudo-pagination taking
place.  If both the print file and terminal are routing destinations
concurrently, the real print file pagination dominates the numbers.  If
only the terminal is the destination, IPCS picks dimensions of a
pseudo-page and keeps count based on those values.

There are no IPCS-supported built-ins for CLISTs or REXX execs that provide
simple access to BLSABDPL that is being used by IPCS to support them.  I
could cobble together some ACTIVE storage reference logic in either CLIST
or REXX that would accomplish that, but I hope that no one bothers to try
that in a production command procedure.  This is one area where individuals
coding IPCS extensions in HLASM enjoy a current advantage.  Command
procedure authors enjoy some advantages in other areas.

Bob Wright - MVS Service Aids