-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Edward Jaffe
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 1:55 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: PSI MIPS (was: Links to decent 'why the mainframe thrives'
article)

<SNIP>

I wasn't aware that people think mainframe processors are slow compared
to others. Is this from a survey of some kind? Or perhaps from that IT
Jungle article you referenced? Can you post the URL?

<SNIP>

Actually, I have had this very argument with some previous clients. But
they wanted to get rid of the mainframe and did not want to be confused
with the facts. They saw GHz for clock speeds for xx machine and saw
that the mainframe(s) they had were in MHz.

They weren't interested in architectural differences (buss width vs.
buss width), number of simultaneous operations (compute or I/O). They
(PHBs) could only focus on processor speeds.

And somebody save me from all these people with the title of Architect.
Most of them have NO IDEA about architecture.

Regards,
Steve Thompson