On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:28:52 -0400, Peter Relson wrote:

>Minor chide: It is too bad that folks take their valuable time on ibm-main

Cf. the "Heresy" thread.

>to point out deficiencies in the documentation (pointing out is a good
>thing) but then do not submit requests to get them updated. The reason we

Chiding accepted and RCF submitted against R8 rather than R7, and mentioning
3 other publications in which a string search turned up similar usage.

>in IBM follow and participate in ibm-main is not for the purpose of seeing
>what pub updates are being suggested. Please help!

But some assessment from my peers (IBM and customers) helps me decide
whether my observations are valid.

>>The meaning would be clearer if the two adjectives were omitted and it
>>simply said "any character".
>
>I agree with the suggestion and will check into getting it changed.

You're off the hook, and if you've yet taken no action, it would be
interesting to let it run its course and see whether Tech Pubs agrees
with us.

-- gil