I encountered a similar situation a couple of years ago -- found that our SDSP
datasets were defined (in 1996) with secondary allocation quantity greater
than zero; SDSP dataset(s) had never been re-org'ed, and had reached max
123 extents.

Also found statement that SDSP should have secondary allocation = ZERO!
This is with OS390.210; might be different with more modern systems.  Better
check your documentation.

I reallocated with ZERO! secondary, and inplemented regular re-orgs.  No
more problems.

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:20:22 -0400, esmie moo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>David,
>
>  I looked at the SYS1.SAMPLIB(ARCSTRST) which had the define cluster.
>  Thanks for pointing it out to me.  I had missed that.
>
>"O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Esmie,
>
>See SYS1.SAMPLIB(ARCSTRST) look for ALLOSDSP.
>
>Better yet see if you have HSM.SAMPLE.CNTL (There is probably a HLQ in
front of that name).

>Once you've defined and primed your SDSP, issue an addvol for that volume
with the SDSP parameter.

>However the message you received does NOT mean you can't migrate. It
merely means that this dataset received a rc 37 when it tried to migrate. If
you are running Intervalmigration then it will probably be migrated by the time
you read this. You might want to export/import your existing SDSPs rather
than creating more of them. Like any VSAM KSDS they need to be re-
organized periodically to eliminate CA and CI splits and reclaim deleted space.

>The fact that they full does not stop migration from taking place.
>
>________________________________

vols. We are unable to migrate to ML1 because of the following reasons:

>ARC1001I HOPER.TTOC.LIST1 MIGRATE FAILED, RC=0037, REAS=0000
>ARC1237I NO SPACE FOR MIGRATION COPY
>
>I checked the STC and I found the following:
>HSM.SMALLDS.VPROM1,VHSM.SMALLDS.VPROM.KDATA,PROMTN
>07.19.46 STC07991 ARC0542I SMALL DATA SET PACKING DATA SET 691
>691 ARC0542I (CONT.) HSM.SMALLDS.VPROM1 IS FULL
>
>To make a quick fix I would like to define another of the ML1 vols as a SDSP
with a SMALLDS. I am am able to create the cluster but I need to create
a "dummy" entry. This is where I am stuck. Could anybody please tell me how
I can go about doing this?