On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:39:42 -0400, Peter Relson wrote:

>I've also been informed that, to my dismay, no updates will happen to
>any old books "ever". Updates will be made only in the forthcoming R9
>books.

For the matter that started this thread, that FIN-analogue is
sufficient.  Of course, if the update is sufficiently urgent,
such as removing a mention of "Hercules", there will be a
deviation from the policy.

>Ugghh. The z/OS MVS books (i.e., the ones I am involved with) all have a
>page at the end "Readers' Comments -- We'd Like to Hear from You".
>I'm not sure why there is no electronic mechanism. I'll inquire.

It would be useful if the HTML (at least) version of the Comments
page contained a URL such as:

    mailto://[EMAIL PROTECTED]

... but perhaps that's a topic for another (global) RCF.

-- gil