On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:56:00 -0500, McKown, John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm likely insane, but I'd like to see some "common storage" like [E]CSA
>in the above the bar area. Simple SAM64 to switch to AMODE(64), store
>the data, then SAMxx to go back to 31 or 24 bit amode.

There's just a tad bit of virtual storage up there to use. By default it
is 510T. ;-)     But for a vendor to use it, they must ensure a minimum
OS level of z/OS 1.5.  Since 1.6 EOS is September, developing something
new that uses shared storage above the bar shouldn't be an issue.

Using my RXSTOR64 exec, I still can't spot any users on z/OS 1.8.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]