From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 8:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: How much do you value Share ( Was Spam from SHARE)

Listers -

I must now put my two cents in.

How much corporate sponsorship do you think Share gets?  I would think
most
of their funding comes from the vendors.  And the only reason the
vendors
provide sponsorship is so they can get at us.

If everyone opted out of notification of vendor products - do you think
Share would continue to get the funds they need so that they can put on
the
conferences for us?  Or is everything free?  The hotel, the conference
rooms, the snacks between sessions, the handouts?  Or our fees paid
enough
for all of that?

I know how to use a delete key, or say "I am not interested at this
time" or
pitch something into the waste basket.

I am okay with this so long as Share continues to provide the conference
at
the level it is at currently.

Now, I am not on the board and I am not sure how or where the
sponsorship
funds go to.  But it is something to consider.

Just my opinion

Lizette