William Smith of the IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
wrote on 07/25/2007 12:55:12 PM:

> Also, and I'm not sure if it's in the free version of PDSTOOLS - but I
know
> it's in StarTool from Serena, there is a subcommand "SEPARATE" that will
> (and quoting the manual) ". . . splits a member or data set containing
> members with ./ separators into their component members.  Note that ISPF
> statistics are maintained."
>
> Bill Smith
> DFSMS Device Support, San Jose

The OFFLOAD subcommand was added to free PDS (AKA PDS86) in August 2006.

Regards,
John Kalinich
Computer Sciences Corp

  Example -     OFFLOAD a:c seq

The OFFLOAD subcommand offloads members of a PDS to a member of
a PDS or a sequential data set.  An IEBUPDTE "./ ADD NAME="
control statement is added before each output member and ISPF
statistics are included for use by the PDSLOAD program (CBT 093).

Note: ./ in the input members is translated to >< in the output.

 SYNTAX -
   OFFLOAD  memgroup  output.dataset
                     ALIAS/NOALIAS