From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:55 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Is a page protected?--how to determine

if something modifies an LPA page, then it must also do a PGFIX so that
the frame in which it resides is never used for anything else. I
remember a type 3 SVC which did an "initialization" of itself upon the
first execution. The updated data area within the SVC code had to be
page fixed and the comment was "or else the data is lost if the frame is
ever reused due to low activity."

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna