John,

For your first paragraph, lets just put it with all those other extent
myths. I mean, for sequential access you're just reading the sequence set
anyway - what is there to flush!!!

Striping sequential datasets can definitely speed up sequential access, but
you may need to experiment with the BUFND number that gives you the best
results for the combination of stripes and CISZ you use.

There is no need to spread stripes across LCU or LSS. It would be more
important to spread the STORGRUP evenly across the Bays, Parity Groups and
Cache-Halves to give ESS the best chance of pre-fetching from disk faster
than the channels request it.

Ron