Add to that the fact that a telephone conversation is a "synchronous"
communication (all parties to the conversation must be present and on
the phone at the same time), while IBMLink, like email, is an
"asynchronous" communication (interested parties receive and respond to
others' comments at the receiver's convenience).  Also, written comments
can be proofread and perhaps revised before sending, but spoken words
cannot later be made unspoken.  "You can't un-ring the bell."  And
written comments can be recalled accurately at will, while spoken
comments can be forgotten or misconstrued rather easily.

    -jc-