CICS is not a solution as it does not support QSAM and trying to access
sequential datasets or libraries will cause CICS to cease.

Itschak

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Steve Comstock
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Web access to mainframe datasets

Brian Westerman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have decided that it would be kind of a cool idea to be able to
> access some of our software (especially the Spool Offload facility)
> from a secure internet connection, but I don't want to use CICS
> services or DB/2 because I can't gaurentee that they will be available
> at all of the sites that use my code.  I think that my approach has to
> be through WebSphere, or I would need to write my own server address
> space that services TCP sockets, but I can't find documentation on the
> best approach for doing this.  Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong
> places.  Does anyone know of any documentation on how writing this process
would best be done?

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Brian

I think you'll find WebSphere, while growing, not as widespread as CICS. But
why not build on the free HTTP server that comes with z/OS? Everyone has it.
There's some excellent documentation on how to program for it.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

   z/OS Application development made easier
     * Our classes include
        + How things work
        + Programming examples with realistic applications
        + Starter / skeleton code
        + Complete working programs
        + Useful utilities and subroutines
        + Tips and techniques

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

http://www.eset.com