Clark,

Could this really be a true story? The few boxes that attach to mainframes
would have triggered a SIM the moment someone unlatched and pulled the drive
- a highlighted, non-scrolling error message on the console.

And of course the box would have called home to report the failed drive, and
within an hour or two the CE/FE would have been asking where the missing
drive canister had gone.

Any computer room worth it's salt would have a log of who had gone in and
out and the culprit would have been nabbed before you could say
rumplestiltskin.

A box of spares next to a MF perhaps... Sounds like an urban myth to me.

Ron

PS That would be a hell of a PC running SSA or FCP HBAs.