Edward, Ed,

Edward Jaffe wrote:
> Now, if you can just convince the more stubborn list participants to
> actually follow the documented standard, I'll consider flying to
> Amsterdam (or wherever you're located in the Netherlands) to
personally
> buy you a beer! (And, maybe see some of the sights while I'm there.)
;-)

I just found the newer RFC while googling for "signature separator".
Convincing others, to do something I myself do not quite understand,
might be a bit hard. ;)

Nevertheless, you are welcome to the Netherlands, even without the free
beer.

Ed Rohr wrote:
> Amsterdam could be a problem...
> I understand that they have terrible traffic problems and lots of red
> lights,

Mostly true. The traffic is terrible, so I try to avoid Amsterdam. There
are a lot of red lights. Even a 'red light district'  ;)

> And it is almost impossible to get a coffee in a coffee house.

The dutch are addicted to coffee. Coffee IS available in coffee houses.
I am not sure about the availability of coffee in coffee shops. The few
times I visited coffee shops, it wasn't for coffee.

> And if you go to the museum there is this guy who puts the ear where
> the nose should be....

I assume you mean the 'Stedelijk Museum'
Never been there, but I know about the painting. He probably visited a
coffee shop prior to painting it. Or, like van Gogh, he liked Absinthe.

I am not sure about sights in the Netherlands.
Most German tourists come to visit the beaches.
The other tourists go to Amsterdam and maybe some of the fishing- and
cheese-towns. Of course the coffee shops are always very popular with
the younger tourists. The Delta-works are also nice to see.

As a city, I prefer Rotterdam, which was bombed in the early stages of
WWII and rebuild spaciously. My home is in a small village, south of
Rotterdam, surrounded bij polders, sea-dykes.

--
Maarten Slegtenhorst
ATTENTION:

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.