We just upgraded from OS/390 to z/OS V1R8. After we shutdown OS/390 and started merging and defining aliases to the new master cat on z/OS V1R8, VLF lost track of itself and kept pointing to the old aliases in the old usercats instead of the new aliases in the new usercats. ISPF 3.4 was finding the stuff fine, but jobs trying to allocate the datasets were using the corrupted catalog pointers in VLF. We recycled VLF, and the problem went away. Anybody else seen this?

Regards,
Tom Conley