CA1 came back with an interesting statement.

Because this is a long running job (IPL to IPL) the data set is not cataloged
(EXPDT=99000) until the job ends.  Due to the TMS Scratch and Clean running, it
sees the tapes are not cataloged after two days, and does not know they are
still in use.  So it expires the tapes.

They recommended changing the EXPDT to EXPDT=90008 to avoid the
not-yet-cataloged situation.

I am seeing if that addresses my issue.

Lizette