Paul Gilmartin wrote:

I elided too much, and I believe you exploited the omission.

This is a curious argument. I certainly did attack and dispose of what he wrote and not what I thought he might perhaps have meant to write, although I did allude to my suspicion that he might well have meant more than he had written.

Moreover, I must confess to some considerable impatience with this and other of Mr Gilmartin's posts. He spends too much time (a) whining and (b) employing what has historically been a Marxist style of argument: Instead of examining the logic of an opposing position, he tries to discredit it as a shabby rationalization of some hidden, always odious motive.

John Gilmore
Ashland, MA 01721-1817
USA

Booking a flight? Know when to buy with airfare predictions on MSN Travel. http://travel.msn.com/Articles/aboutfarecast.aspx&ocid=T001MSN25A07001