Yes, it is not terribly well organized.

For WebSphere, you essentially go to the WebSphere support page:

http://www.ibm.com/software/websphere/support/

Then under "Support for all WebSphere products", select the "Search
Knowledge Base" link:

http://www-111.ibm.com/search/SupportSearchWeb/SupportSearch?
pageCode=SBS&brand=websphere

(don't strip out the "-111" - won't work)

then you do your search, making sure the "Troubleshooting documents" box is
selected.  (Some) Technotes will be buried in there!

Looks like the same sort of path for DB2 (Information Management):

http://www.ibm.com/software/data/support/

So it seems like they fall under "Software Support":

http://www.ibm.com/software/support/

Enjoy.

Aaron