-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bill Wilkie
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: linklisted load library failing

You may also want to check on the Blksize of the libraries and place the
larger one first if they are different.
<SNIP>

That particular restriction or issue was removed LONG ago.

However, I have been reading the posts on this, and I think you may want
to review all files in the LNKLST and ensure that that they are
allocated as only PRIMARY space.

I say this because I ran into a similar problem many years ago. The
library that was implicated as being bad (and that vendor's code) was a
victim. The immediately preceding PDS had gone to an extra extent (all
of 1 track). I can't recall the goofy reason why it happened, but it
wasn't until some rarely used function was used that we realized that
the cause was that PDS had expanded by 1 track during the life of that
IPL...

We tried refreshing LLA, VLF, etc., but until you dropped the whole
linklist and picked up a new one (or IPLed), you were going to have
problems.

And so, this is why I tell people to do their allocations for LNKLST or
CICS as only a primary, no secondary, CONTIG. And make the primary space
at least 25% larger than the used space once it is compressed
(especially so CICS).

Regards,
Steve Thompson
This e-mail message is intended only for the
addressee(s) and contains information that may be
confidential and/or privileged material.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender by reply e-mail immediately.
Use, disclosure or reproduction of any information
in this e-mail by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.
Sterling Commerce is not liable for any loss or
damage arising in any way from transmission of
the message or use of its attachments.
This email may contain links to third party web
sites.
Sterling Commerce is not responsible for the
content or privacy policies of such other sites and
the existence of a link in this email does not imply
an endorsement of the linked web site or the goods
or services offered therein.