IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 08/16/2007
02:53:00 PM:

> And you get NO errors at IPL time? Is this a physically different
> SYSRES? Are there new LINKLIST libraries ahead of the one getting the
> errors? What was updated, compressed, etc. since the last IPL?

No errors at IPL.  I can't find anything different at all.  I had applied
one PTF between IPLs and even though I was 99.9% sure that wasn't the
problem I restored it on my test LPAR and IPL'd.  Still broken.  There are
no new linklist libraries ahead of or behind this library.  The one
linklist library I don't have any control over, however, is ahead of this
one in the linklist.  It's an application library.  That's why I'm going
to try moving the problem library up in the contatenation tomorrow.  But
even if that (or some other) library was compressed, updated, etc. since
the last  production IPL, we just IPL'd our test LPAR today and
immediately tested.  NOW it's broken too.  Our previous IPL on test was
7/25.  And this was all working yesterday.  Right up to today's IPL.

Debbie