On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:40:32 -0500, Ambat Ravi Nair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>only hiccup was, the Common Tape Subsystem address space choked (80A-10)
>when started at REGION=3M.  when asked, the regional CA support simply
>stated to bump it up to 4M, but no calculations offered.

It's 2007 - time to implement an IEFUSI that ignores those ridiculously low
1985 region sizes and changes it to at least 7 or 8 meg or something along
the lines of  ((max pvt <16M) - (anywhere from .5M to 1M for LSQA)).

While your at it... region >16M minimum should be a lot more than the 32M
default. I've been using 256M for years.    And of course you need to
consider MEMLIMIT now too.

Search the archives for IEFUSI.

Mark
--