It returns the "local" date/time - but what that means depends on how your
system is set up.

"Perryman, Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
i.com>...
> Hi folks
>
> Is ACCEPT-DATE supposed to return GMT time, or local time?
>
> We have some issues with a program which was recently rescheduled to run
just after midnight (British Summer Time) - but the date is a day out.. I'm
wondering if it's because it's an old program getting the date in the wrong
way somehow (that we can fix), or if that's just the way Cobol works..??