>Can someone tell me, where exactly the DATE is taken from when a
>COBOL program executes ACCEPT DATE?
>Is it
>(a) the running system clock, local time, as of the moment ACCEPT
>DATE is executed?
>- or -
>(b) the date in effect at the moment the program (or step) started?

It is (A) for all COBOL compilers.  As for the source...

In COBOL compilers starting with COBOL for OS/390 & VM V2R2, the
ACCEPT DATE uses STCK.  In previous compilers, it used SVC 11.
This has caused strange results for some users of system SET DATE.

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<