On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:23:43 -0700, Edward Jaffe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Mark H. Young wrote:
>> OK, then how do I submit a batch job on system 1111 with z/OS 1.4  and
>> have it execute on system 2222 with z/OS 1.7 in that MAS, and have the
>> job resolve the dataset names correctly on the EXECUTING system?
>>

>In JES2, if you code SYSAFF= on the /*JOBPARM statement, conversion,
>interpretation, and execution will occur on the same system image. I'm
>not exactly sure what you mean by "resolve the data set names correctly".

Two different levels of z/OS on each of two LPARs in a MAS.  Each image has
*different* system symbols, like the z/OS level, right?  And as part of the DSN
construct, a variable in the JCL (proc) would translate differently for that
DSN
on each LPAR, right?  Still with me so far?

But the suggestion to use /*XMIT would work, so that JES2 converts the JCL
on the EXECUTION system, right?  Just as SYSAFF=xxxx would, right?!

THANX,
Mark