Harry,
when this problem occurs, are there any other error messages in the
Joblog or elsewhere in SYSOUT?
Are you sure, that the third member exists in the PDS at the time of
error and that it does contain valid data?
What does a TSO command "bpxmtext 5b450002" tell you (for
whatever it's worth?)
I've been looking all over the IBM website and I can't find an
explanation for errno2=0x5b450002, so I'm at a loss to try and explain
the problem. If the program doesn't use any OMVS services, such as
try to access HFS files, your users shouldn't need an OMVS segment in
their RACF / ACF2 profile, not even a default ACF2 - OMVS segment. So,
all I can guess is that the problem has to do with the third file existing
or being valid. If not, C++ goes off into the wild blue, trying to create /
access an HFS file.

Regards,
Ulrich Krueger