In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 09/03/2007
   at 01:05 AM, Paul Gilmartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Me, too, on regex.

I won't comment on the use of regexen in vi, but I'd love to see a
well thought out design using Perl-style regex syntax. Specifically,
I'd like to see look-behind and look ahead in the regex syntax and
replacement of a matched substring in the CHANGE syntax, e.g.,

     RECHANGE /^....(A)/i $1 'B' .f .l ALL

would change LC or UC A in column 5 to B starting with the line
labelled A and ending with the line labelled B.

Even better would be the functionality of NIH Wylbur or SuperWylbur®.

>While we're on editor techniques, can I do with ISPF something I've
>found useful in XEDIT:

Another feature from XEDIT that I'd like in ISPF is SET PENDING.

>momentarily and reversibly display excluded lines.

FLIP isn't really what you're asking for, but it should serve in at
least some cases.