>>> On Sat, Sep 1, 2007 at  7:09 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tom Schmidt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> How much progress has been made (if any?) towards setting up the Linux
> instance to have a maximized number of read-only memory segments that are
> able to be defined as shared (in VM's terms)?  It seems that VM's shared
> segment support could do wonders to reduce the Linux working set.

This varies quite a bit from system image to system image.  I'm not aware of
anyone working on a "standard" set of them.  Ihno Krumreich and I are bouncing
around some ideas for a tool or tools that would make it easier to create them.
 XIP2FS has been shown to provide enough  benefits to make that worthwhile, I
believe.

Mark Post