From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steve Horein
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 11:24 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ISPF FREED SYS1.PARMLIB

Thanks to everyone that contributed!

As suggested, SETLOAD was the way to go for me. I once again have a
properly sized SYS1.PARMLIB. However, while reviewing SETLOAD
documentation, questions spring to mind: Do you folks concatenate your
SYSx.IPLPARM (if you use it) to PARMLIB in LOADxx?

I was also curious if IEFPRMLB could be made to include by default the
PDS where LOADxx was found at IPL time, much like it includes by default
SYS1.PARMLIB.

I've recently taken to using LOADxx found in SYSx.IPLPARM on the IODF
volume instead of finding LOADxx in SYS1.PARMLIB. When I first issued my
SETLOAD command, it failed because I didn't specify DSN=SYSx.IPLPARM as
I should have, because at this time, I don't concatenate SYSx.IPLPARM. I
know, how I concatenate PARMLIB is my choice, but I'd hate to be viewed
as 'out there' if this isn't considered standard practice! ;)

I don't know if I'm OCD, but I like having any/all of my LOADxxs found
in one place. I happen to choose SYSx.PARMLIB for that. I've also
considered creating a SYS1.LLA.PARMLIB (and system specific
SYS1.LLA.PARMLIBs) to contain CSVLLAxx members, excluding CSVLLA00.

I guess there's a line to draw between being organized and easily
maintainable.
Thanks again for being the group that you are!

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.