>>Have you done  D GRS,DEV=1301

RESPONSE=SYS1
 ISG343I 09.21.26 GRS STATUS 061
 DEVICE:1301 VOLUME:PB$B52 NOT RESERVED BY SYSTEM SYS1
 NO RESERVE RESOURCE REQUEST EXISTS

>>If you think it is catalog, then I would issue a F CATALOG,LIST or one
of >>the other catalog commands.  If it is a catalog, you can then issue
the >>CLOSE and UNALLOCATE commands for Catalog.

None of the CATALOG commands produced anything interesting.

The volume has no Catalogs on it. It is actually just a DUPLEX copy of a
vol created by using PPRC.

Each night, we suspend the duplex pair, then clip the secondary volume
and vary it online to perform the DFDSS backups from the secondary copy.

After the backup is complete we vary it back offline and then
re-establish the PPRC copy.

This process has been working successfully for years.

This e-mail is sent by Suncorp-Metway Limited ABN 66 010 831 722 or one of its
related entities "Suncorp".

Suncorp may be contacted at Level 18, 36 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane or on 13 11
55  or at suncorp.com.au.

The content of this e-mail is the view of the sender or stated author and does
not necessarily reflect the view of Suncorp. The content, including
attachments, is a confidential communication between Suncorp and the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail, including attachments, is unauthorised
and expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachments from
your system.

If this e-mail constitutes a commercial message of a type that you no longer
wish to receive please reply to this e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the
subject line.